About Pay Stations and Meters
Pay StationsPay Stations
- Coins: Insert coins for desired time. Use nickels, dimes, quarters and dollar coins (pennies will cause the machine to jam and will not count for time).
- Cards: These meters accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover) and debit cards. Insert and remove card (follow the instructions on meter), adjust payment amount with + and – buttons; complete transaction by pressing the green “OK” button. Take the ticket the machine issues and place and display on driver side of dashboard.
Smart MetersSmart Meters
- Coins: Insert coins for desired time. Use nickels, dimes, quarters and dollar coins (pennies will cause the meter to jam and will not count for time).
- Cards: These meters accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover), debit cards and City of San Diego Pre-Paid Cards. Insert and remove card (follow the instructions on meter), adjust payment amount with + and – buttons; complete transaction by pressing the green “OK” button.
*There is a $1.00 minimum for use of Credit/Debit Cards.
Traditional Meters (on Shelter Island only)Traditional Meters (on Shelter Island only)
Permit Parking SpacesPermit Parking Spaces
The Port has various permit spaces designated for the use of Port employees for Port business-only, which include maintenance crew, landscaping crew, Harbor Police Officers/staff and any other Port employee vehicle (with a Port permit sticker). Private vehicles parked in these spaces are in violation and will be cited and/or towed at the owners expense (San Diego Unified Port Code Section 8.16/8.17)
Need a Receipt?Need a Receipt?
Payments made with a credit/debit card at any Port of San Diego smart meter or pay station may now be viewed and printed online!
*Parking receipts are available 24 hours after the transaction date
Malfunctioning Meters or PaystationsMalfunctioning Meters or Paystations
Meter or pay station problems should be reported to Parking at the Port’s main line 619.686.6464. Yellow stickers located on the meter or pay station, reflect this contact number for your convenience. Regular business hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and every other Friday. This line is only answered during business hours, an after-hours voicemail is in place for you to leave a message and your call will be returned the next business day. If you have reached us after-hours and have a stuck credit card, you will be able to press 5 and transferred to Harbor Police Dispatch for immediate assistance. Please have the meter/pay station number when reporting the problem. The number is located below the yellow meter contact sticker.
If you receive a citation for a non-payment and you believe the meter/pay station was malfunctioning, you may choose to appeal the citation.
If your vehicle has been towed within Port tidelands, please contact (619-686-6272) Harbor Police.
The Port of San Diego operates parking meters and pay stations along North Embarcadero, Tuna Harbor, Ruocco Park, Embarcadero Marina Park North and Embarcadero Marina Park South, the Crescent area, Spanish Landing and Shelter Island.
For any questions or concerns please contact us at the following:
- Email: Parking@portofsandiego.org
- Phone: 619-686-6464
- Harbor Police: 619-686-6272
- Citation Payments and Appeals
Hours and Rates
*Time Limits Enforced 365 Days Including all Listed Parking Holidays.
|AREA||CURRENT RATES||ENFORCEMENT HOURS||MAX TIME|
|Shelter Island (pdf map) - Traditional Meters||$1.25 / Hour||8 am to 6pm Daily, excluding holidays*||*3 Hours|
|Spanish Landing Park (pdf map) - Pay Stations||
$1.00 / Hour
|6 am to 10:30 pm Daily, excluding holidays*||*4 Hours|
|Cresent Area (pdf map)
(Laurel St & Harbor Drive) - Smart Meters
|$2.50 / Hour
|10 am to 8 pm Daily, excluding holidays*||*4 Hours|
|North Embarcadero (pdf map) (Including Tuna Harbor and Ruocco Park)||$2.50 / Hour
|10 am to 8 pm
Daily, excluding holidays*
|South Embarcadero (pdf map) (Embarcadero Marina Park North and South)||$1.75 / Hour||10 am to 8 pm
Daily, excluding holidays*
Free Parking Holidays
No payment is required at parking meter and pay stations on parking holidays, but time limits will be enforced every day including parking holidays. Please read your meter or pay station display and posted signs for further information. The Port currently recognizes the following one-day parking holidays:
*2019 Holiday Schedule for Parking Meters and Pay Stations
NOTE: the Port of San Diego Administrative holidays may differ from parking holidays.
- New Year's Day (January 1)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Third Monday of January)
- President's Day (Third Monday of February)
- Cesar Chavez Day (March 31)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday of May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (First Monday of September)
- Veterans' Day (November 11)
- Thanksgiving Day (Fourth Thursday of November)
- Christmas Day (December 25th)