I need to...
A Regional Economic Engine
The Port of San Diego is an indispensable economic engine, adding $9.2 billion to our county's economy in 2019 and employing about one in 30 people in San Diego County. The Port and the approximately 800 businesses on and around San Diego Bay contribute to a dynamic waterfront that reinvest billions of dollars into the local economy each year, creating a more prosperous way of life for all.
The Port cares for 34 miles of waterfront, comprising about 2,400 acres of land and 11,800 acres of water.
There are approximately 800 businesses located on the Port’s dynamic waterfront, including:
- San Diego Convention Center
- 2 cargo terminals
- 2 cruise terminals
- 18 major hotels and resorts
- 20 marinas and yacht clubs
- 80 restaurants
OVERALL ECONOMIC IMPACT IN
SAN DIEGO COUNTY
- Tourism and Commercial Industry – $6.7B
- Industrial and Wholesale Industry – $2.1B
- Port Enterprise – $372M
- Maritime Trade and Cargo Handling – $64M
- Cruise Industry – $20M