Tidelands Activation Programs (TAP)
This annual grant program supports events, large and small, that engage the community and inspire visitors to enjoy San Diego Bay.
TIDELANDS ACTIVATION PROGRAMs (TAP) OVERVIEW
The Port of San Diego offers sponsorship to organizations through the Tidelands Activation Programs (TAP), a grant initiative that has provided service fee waivers to non-profit organizations for events that engage the community and inspire visitors to enjoy San Diego Bay.
FY24 APPLICATION INFORMATION
Click link below to access the Port of San Diego’s online FY24 Tidelands Activation Programs (TAP) sponsorship portal. Your completion of this form will ensure that the Port staff has the information necessary to efficiently review and verify your organization’s data.
ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS FOR TAP FY24
- Important update for event planners and non-profit organizations applying for TAP Community Event fee waiver sponsorship for FY24:
- TAP-sponsored events for FY24 must be open to all ages and free of admission charges or registration fees.
- Non-profit applicants hosting free events in port tidelands parks that are open to all ages will be eligible to apply for TAP Community Event fee waiver sponsorship.
- Please contact port staff at 619-686-6319 for assistance regarding TAP FY24 applications and eligibility.
INELIGIBLE APPLICANTS FOR TAP COMMUNITY EVENTS FOR FY24
- Events charging an admission or registration fee are ineligible to apply for TAP Community Events for FY24.
- For-Profit Entities are not eligible for fee waivers or funding in FY24.
- Applicants with stormwater violations and environmental-related citations from FY22-23 will not be eligible for fee waivers in FY24.
MEMBER CITY APPLICANTS
Port Member City applicants please visit the Civic Events Activation Program Portal to submit applications for FY24 events.
ELIGIBLE APPLICANT NOTICES FOR TAP FY24
- Submittal of a TAP application does not guarantee the date and location or imply automatic approval of fee waivers for your event.
- Acceptance of your application or event verification data and recommendation for a TAP award does not guarantee an event permit will be issued.
- TAP applicants are responsible for submitting a special event permit application on Port’s service portal website and corresponding event sponsorship application.
Please note, no direct sponsorship funding has been allocated for FY24 TAP Community Events in the Port's operating budget for events occurring from July 1, 2023, through June 30, 2024.
What's Happening at the Port?
The Port of San Diego cordially invites the public to celebrate the holiday season at the 2023 South Bay Holiday event! This year’s festivities are free, family friendly, and is hosted by the Port at the Aquatic Center on the National City Bayfront...