Committed to our Neighbors
As trusted ambassadors, we ensure communication and collaboration with our community members to continually improve the quality of life and business across our dynamic waterfront. Each year, hundreds of opportunities are offered for the public to get involved in shaping the future of the Port. Our agency was recently recognized with a 2017 National Environmental Excellence Award for Public Involvement, and a 2017 Silver Bernays Award of Excellence for Community Relations.
Some components of our public engagement program include:
- Regular monthly meetings of the Board of Port Commissioners
- Other Public Meetings/Forums - Committee meetings
- Public outreach meetings and Open House events, typically held in the evenings to seek community input on issues or projects - Port events calendar
- Notification of environmental projects - CEQA/Coastal Act Notification documents
- Port-sponsored community events - Tidelands Activation Program
We welcome the public to learn about our operations, get involved and participate in our sponsored events. Join our mailing list here to stay informed and be sure to follow us on our industry-leading social media accounts; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Flickr!