The Port’s Environmental Advisory Committee advises the Board on programs, policies, and projects that ensure the protection and improvement of the natural resources of San Diego Bay and the surrounding tidelands. The EAC is composed of a member of the Board of Port Commissioners and representatives from a variety of stakeholder groups selected by the Board. Members include Port tenants, environmental advocacy groups, non-profit organizations, the U.S. Navy, regulatory and resource agencies, member cities, academia, local business, and labor. This diverse membership provides input from a broad and balanced cross-section of the community. EAC meetings intend to encourage input from stakeholders and interaction with Port staff and Board members.
We thank our committee members for all their hard work and dedication to the EAC.
Environmental Advisory Committee 2022 Members
- Commissioner Rafael Castellanos (Chair of Committee)
- Commissioner Frank Urtasun
- San Diego Regional Water Quality Control Board (David Gibson or alternate)
- California State Coastal Conservancy (Megan Cooper or alternate)
- Center for Sustainable Energy (Rebecca Baptiste or alternate)
- Environmental Health Coalition (Danny Serrano or alternate)
- Industrial Environmental Association (Nadine Spertus or alternate)
- National Marine Fisheries Service (Eric Chavez or alternate)
- San Diego Air Pollution Control District (Paula Forbis or alternate)
- San Diego Coastkeeper (Rachele Lopez or alternate)
- San Diego Port Tenants Association – NASSCO (Sara Giobbi or alternate)
- San Diego Port Tenants Association – Shelter Island Marina (Joe Ravitch or alternate)
- San Diego Port Tenants Association – Sportfishing Association of California (Corchelle Worsham or alternate)
- San Diego State University (Dr. John Crocket or alternate)
- The San Diego Foundation (Christiana DeBenedict or alternate)
- University of California San Diego, Energy Policy Initiatives Center (Scott Anders or alternate)
- University of California San Diego – Scripps Institute of Oceanography (Dr. Ed Parnell or alternate)
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service (Sandy Vissman or alternate)
- U.S. Navy Region Southwest (Helen Haase or alternate)
All EAC meetings are open to the public.
Eileen Maher and Heather Kramp, 619.686.6254