The Port’s Environmental Advisory Committee advises the Board on programs, policies, and projects that ensure the protection and improvement of the natural resources of San Diego Bay and the surrounding tidelands. The EAC is composed of a member of the Board of Port Commissioners and representatives from a variety of stakeholder groups selected by the Board. Members include Port tenants, environmental advocacy groups, non-profit organizations, the U.S. Navy, regulatory and resource agencies, member cities, academia, local business, and labor. This diverse membership provides input from a broad and balanced cross-section of the community. EAC meetings intend to encourage input from stakeholders and interaction with Port staff and Board members.
We thank our committee members for all their hard work and dedication to the EAC.
- Commissioner Rafael Castellanos (Chair of Committee)
- California Coastal Conservancy – Megan Cooper or alternate
- California Regional Water Quality Control Board – David Gibson or alternate
- Center for Sustainable Energy – Lawrence Goldenhersh or alternate
- Environmental Health Coalition – Carolina Martinez or alternate
- Industrial Environmental Association – Jack Monger or alternate
- National Marine Fisheries Service – Eric Chavez or alternate
- San Diego Coastkeeper – Matt O'Malley or alternate
- San Diego Foundation – Nicola Hedge or alternate
- San Diego Port Tenants Association, NASSCO – Sara Giobbi or alternate
- San Diego State University – John Crockett or alternate
- Shelter Island Marina – Joe Ravitch or alternate
- Sportfishing Association of California – Ken Franke or alternate
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Services – Sandy Vissman or alternate
- U.S. Navy – Walt Wilson or alternate
- University of California San Diego, Scripps Institute of Oceanography – Dr. Ed Parnell or alternate
- University of San Diego, Energy Policy Initiatives Center – Scott Anders or alternate
All EAC meetings are open to the public.
Eileen Maher and Heather Kramp, 619.686.6254