The Port’s Environmental Advisory Committee advises the Board on programs, policies, and projects that ensure the protection and improvement of the natural resources of San Diego Bay and the surrounding tidelands. The EAC is composed of a member of the Board of Port Commissioners and representatives from a variety of stakeholder groups selected by the Board. Members include Port tenants, environmental advocacy groups, non-profit organizations, the U.S. Navy, regulatory and resource agencies, member cities, academia, local business, and labor. This diverse membership provides input from a broad and balanced cross-section of the community. EAC meetings intend to encourage input from stakeholders and interaction with Port staff and Board members.
We thank our committee members for all their hard work and dedication to the EAC.
Environmental Advisory Committee 2021 Members
- Castellanos, Commissioner Rafael (Chair of Committee)
- California Regional Water Quality Control Board (Gibson, David or alternate)
- California Coastal Conservancy (Sloane, Evyan or alternate)
- Center for Sustainable Energy (Raghav, Murali or alternate)
- Environmental Health Coalition (Serrano, Danny or alternate)
- Industrial Environmental Association (Spertus, Nadine or alternate)
- National Marine Fisheries Service (Chavez, Eric or alternate)
- San Diego Coastkeeper (Lopez, Rachele or alternate)
- San Diego Foundation (Au, Everett or alternate)
- San Diego Port Tenants Association (Giobbi, Sara or alternate)
- San Diego State University (Crocket, Dr. John or alternate)
- Shelter Island Marina (Ravitch, Joe or alternate)
- Sportfishing Assn of CA (Worsham, Corchelle or alternate)
- US Fish & Wildlife Service (Vissman, Sandy or alternate)
- US Navy (Wilson, Walt or alternate)
- University of California San Diego – Scripps Institute of Oceanography (Parnell, Dr. Ed or alternate)
- University of California San Diego – Energy Policy Initiatives Center (Anders, Scott or alternate)
All EAC meetings are open to the public.
Eileen Maher and Heather Kramp, 619.686.6254