Tidelands Activation Program (TAP)
This annual grant program supports events, large and small, that engage the community and inspire visitors to enjoy San Diego Bay.
TIDELANDS ACTIVATION PROGRAM (TAP) OVERVIEW
The Port of San Diego offers sponsorship to organizations through the Tidelands Activation Program (TAP), a grant initiative that has provided service fee waivers to non-profit organizations for events that engage the community and inspire visitors to enjoy San Diego Bay.
FY23 APPLICATION TIMELINE
Click link below to access the Port of San Diego’s online FY23 Tidelands Activation Program (TAP) sponsorship portal. Your completion of this form will ensure that the Port staff has the information necessary to efficiently review and verify your organization’s data.
UPDATE as of 7/13/2022: FY23 TAP Portal will remain open until November 30, 2022, to provide further assistance to applicants.
ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS FOR TAP FY23
- Important update for event planners and non-profit organizations applying for TAP fee waiver sponsorship for FY23:
TAP-sponsored events for FY23 must be open to all ages and free of admission charges or registration fees.
- Non-profit applicants hosting free events on port tidelands that are open to all ages will be eligible to apply for TAP fee waivers.
- Please contact port staff at 619-686-6319 for assistance regarding TAP FY23 applications and eligibility.
INELIGIBLE APPLICANTS FOR TAP FY23
- Events charging an admission or registration fee are ineligible to apply for TAP FY23.
- For-Profit Entities are not eligible for fee waivers or funding in FY23.
- Applicants with stormwater violations and environmental-related citations from FY19-20 or FY21-22 will not be eligible for fee waivers in FY23.
MEMBER CITY APPLICANTS
Port Member City applicants please visit the Civic Events Activation Program Portal to submit applications for FY23 events.
ELIGIBLE APPLICANT NOTICES FOR TAP FY23
- Submittal of a TAP application does not guarantee the date and location or imply automatic approval of fee waivers for your event.
- Acceptance of your application or event verification data and recommendation for a TAP award does not guarantee an event permit will be issued.
Please note, no direct sponsorship funding has been allocated for FY23 TAP events in the Port's operating budget for events occurring from July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2023.
What's Happening at the Port?
The Port of San Diego will soon begin a project to make improvements to Cesar Chavez Park, located along the San Diego Bay waterfront in the Barrio Logan community of San Diego. The popular park includes picnic and playground areas, a public viewing...