The Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier
Address: 1000 N. Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101 (map)
Event Times: The Port Pavilion may be used for events between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m.
- The Port Pavilion is 52,000 square feet in size. It is 75 feet wide, 464 feet long and 55 feet tall.
- Broadway Pier is 1,000 feet long by 130 feet wide for a total of 130,000-square feet.
- The Broadway Pier forecourt, the area between the Port Pavilion and Harbor Drive is 400 feet long by 130 feet wide
- The Broadway Pier view court, the area between the back of the Port Pavilion and San Diego Bay is 136 feet long by 130 feet wide.
Food and beverages
- Food and beverages may be served by a caterer only. (The Port Pavilion has no kitchen facilities but there are areas for caterers to set up and to heat food.)
- 110 volts is available from outlets inside the facility. The pavilion area has 20 amp, 110 volt outlets on most of its stanchions. The exterior has three corners that supply 50 amp, 220 volt outlets where spider boxes can be used. Generators may be used as an option. (The renter is responsible for providing an electrical source for an event on the pier.)
- Free wi-fi is available in the Pavilion, Broadway View Room and foyer sections of the facility.
Weight load capacities
- Roof Loads: Each truss of the interior roof structure is capable of supporting loads up to 1,000 pounds. The load can be applied at any one location along the truss, or it can be divided into multiple support locations on the truss. In any case, a total load of 1,000 pounds can be supported at each truss.
- Truck Loads: The far west of end of the pier has the most limitation on the amount of weight that the pier can support. The west end pier deck is capable of supporting truck loads classified as HS20-44. Generally speaking, the deck can support most truck trailers that can legally travel on the streets leading to the pier. The total truck and trailer weight that can be supported varies between 50,000 and 70,000 pounds, depending on the axle configuration. (A sketch depicting the maximum HS20-44 truck load axle configuration is available on request.)