Port of San Diego Earns Eight Awards for Marketing & Communications
Contact: Tanya Castaneda, (619) 686-6330, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Port of San Diego has been honored with a total of eight prestigious awards in two international competitions for its professional marketing, communications and public outreach campaigns, as well as its website and overall brand.
MarCom Awards recognized the Port of San Diego with seven awards in the Platinum, Gold and Honorable Mention categories. Separately, the WebAward Competition honored the Port of San Diego and its contractor FreshForm for outstanding achievement in web development for its redesigned website, portofsandiego.org.
“I am pleased that the Port of San Diego is being recognized for its industry-leading marketing, communications and public outreach campaigns, all of which demonstrate the Port’s commitment to public engagement and transparency,” said Rafael Castellanos, Chairman of the Board of Port Commissioners. “This is another example of excellence at the Port of San Diego in our pursuit of the public good as a champion of San Diego Bay.”
“The Port of San Diego’s Marketing & Communications Department is dedicated to providing the public with timely, accurate information and opportunities to interact with the Port, and these awards showcase our team’s professionalism,” said Port of San Diego CEO Randa Coniglio. “It’s exciting that our team is being recognized for harnessing the power of technology through a user-friendly website as we continue our transformation into a 21st Century Port.”
MarCom Awards is an international creative competition that recognizes outstanding achievement by marketing and communication professionals. MarCom Awards is administered and judged by the Association of Marketing and Communications Professionals.
The Port received awards in three categories in October 2018:
- Special Advantage – Maritime Trade/Cargo Marketing Campaign (Category: Print Media/Direct Marketing - Advertising Campaign)
- Discover Your Wonderfront – Destination Marketing Campaign (Category: Strategic Communications, Marketing/Promotion Campaign – Integrated Marketing)
- Port of Land and See – Cruise Marketing Campaign (Category: Strategic Communications, Marketing/Promotion Campaign – Promotion/Marketing Materials)
- PMPU Public Outreach & Engagement (Category: Strategic Communications, Communications/Public Relations – Communications Program)
- #ThatsMyBay – Environment/Water Quality Campaign (Category: Digital Media/Social Media – Social Ad Campaign)
- Port of San Diego New Brand (Category: Strategic Communications, Marketing/Promotion Campaign – Branding)
MARCOM HONORABLE MENTION:
- Port of San Diego Website (Category: Digital Media/Website – Government)
Separately, the website was honored in September 2018 with the Government Standard of Excellence WebAward. WebAwards is an organization recognizing the people and organizations responsible for developing the best websites through an international competition. The WebAward competition is open to all organizations and individuals involved in the process of developing websites for organizations, companies, and the government.
About THE Port of San Diego
The Port of San Diego serves the people of California as a specially created district, balancing multiple uses on 34 miles along San Diego Bay spanning five cities. Collecting no tax dollars, the Port manages a diverse portfolio to generate revenues that support vital public services and amenities.
The Port champions Maritime, Waterfront Development, Public Safety, Experiences and Environment, all focused on enriching the relationship people and businesses have with our dynamic waterfront. From cargo and cruise terminals to hotels and restaurants, from marinas to museums, from 22 public parks to countless events, the Port contributes to the region’s prosperity and remarkable way of life on a daily basis.